hello, it’s me again. i decided to give you a movie review! yay! so, i was bored just now during the quarantine time, and thanks to my brain, i brought portable dvd player to school. I watched a movie “he’s just not that into you”. it was a great movie so i thought i could give you some reviews of it. i know that the movie is kinda old, it was released on 2009. but, umm, age doesn’t matter, right? 🙂
- TIMING: you have to know when to walk away and that is when you finally discover in your partner something that you cannot live with. in the film, an example of this was when Jennifer Connelly’s character saw that her husband was a liar. she decided to move on rather than to stay in a relationship with no trust.
- KNOW WHAT YOU MOST NEED: think about the top qualities they want in a mate and how they wish to be treated. we notice that when Jennifer Aniston’s character leaves her boyfriend and she notices how other husband’s act, she reflects on all the good qualities of Ben Affleck. she realizes that he does give her what she needs.
- DON’T BE ATTACHED TO THE PACKAGE: this one is a reminder that there are always exceptions to our preconceived notions. we may think we want someone blond and then we fall in love with a brunette. Both Gigi and Jennifer Aniston’s character thought they knew what they wanted and were surprised. Jennifer Aniston’s character thought she only wanted marriage but when she saw that her partner was already everything she’d want in a husband, she changed her mind. Gigi thought Justin Long’s character was just a friend in the beginning and it was only later that she thought of him romantically. Then even later, he thought of her that way. So, the axiom that ‘you’ll know right away’ also isn’t always true! Things evolved in a surprising way with time and the characters needed to experience things and be open to new learning.
- HAVE HIGH SELF-ESTEEM: When we are in low self-esteem we invite and accept poor treatment. We are shown this again and again in the film. The desperation of these women reminds us of a hundred characters in our own lives because they so clearly are dying to be loved. While this is human, it is only when each one starts thinking about what is good for her that things shift. Anna chooses not to date the married man anymore.
- GIVE THINGS TIME: We can’t really expect a guy to fall in love with us during the first day. If he did, he’d be in love with a fantasy because he can’t really know you. So, you also need to give things time to get to know each other.
- DON’T SETTLE OR LIE TO YOURSELF: Sometimes women are so afraid that they won’t find someone that they try to force something that feels wrong.
- RECOGNIZE COMMON DEFENSES AGAINST LOVE: Men and women often protect themselves from getting hurt in love.
- EVERYONE IS SCARED & INSECURE: If we look at most of the character’s in the film, they show some insecurity or signs of fear when it comes to love.
- LOVE IS POSSIBLE: Although this movie starts out epitomizing the suffering involved in dating, there are a number of happy endings so one leaves with at least the hope that love is still possible.